Eyelash Extensions 101: Everything You Wanted to Know
Do you ever look at celebrities and wonder how they manage to get such long and luscious lashes? Well, the answer may be eyelash extensions! If you’ve been considering eyelash extensions but don’t know where to start, then this blog post is for you! In this post, we will cover all the basics of eyelash extensions, from the different types available to the pros and cons of getting them. You’ll even learn about the best care practices for keeping your lashes looking their best. So if you’re ready to learn more about eyelash extensions, read on!
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic fibers that are individually attached to your natural eyelashes with a semi-permanent adhesive. They are designed to add length, thickness, and curl to the natural eyelashes. Lash extensions can range in color, length, thickness, and curl depending on the look you’re trying to achieve. Extensions are an excellent option for those who want to enhance their eyes without using mascara or other makeup products. With proper care and maintenance, they can last up to six weeks or longer.
How much do they cost?
The cost of eyelash extensions will vary depending on the type of lash, the number of lashes applied, and the technician performing the service. Generally speaking, a full set of lash extensions can range from $100 to $400 or more, with refills typically costing around $50 to $75. For an upper lash line only, prices can range from $50 to $150. It’s important to remember that quality lash extensions should last around 4 to 8 weeks, so you should consider the cost as an investment in beauty.
It is always recommended that you research your technician before booking an appointment, as there is a wide variety of expertise levels when it comes to eyelash extensions. Some technicians may even offer discounts if you refer a friend or purchase a package deal.
How are they applied?
Eyelash extensions are applied by a professional technician using tweezers and special adhesive. The process is relatively quick and painless, and most technicians are trained to do the job in less than an hour.
The technician begins by assessing the length, fullness, and desired look of the lashes. Then, individual synthetic lashes are dipped in the adhesive and placed one-by-one onto the natural lash line. Depending on the look you want, either a single lash or multiple lashes can be added to each lash line.
Once the lashes are in place, the technician will apply a special sealant to ensure that the extensions stay in place for several weeks. If you choose to have multiple lashes on each natural lash, then the technician may use an additional sealant to help keep them in place longer.
The entire process usually takes about an hour, depending on the number of lashes being applied and the style you choose. Once completed, your lashes will look naturally fuller and longer with a beautiful curl.
What are the different types of lash extensions?
Eyelash extensions come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials. The most common types of extensions include:
Mink Lash Extensions – These are the most popular type of lash extensions, as they are soft and luxurious, and give you a natural look. They are usually made of mink fur or synthetic mink.
Silk Lash Extensions – Silk lash extensions are lightweight, making them ideal for people with sensitive eyes. They provide a fuller, darker look than mink lashes.
Synthetic Lash Extensions – Synthetic lash extensions are made from plastic, which makes them great for people who want a dramatic, thicker look. They are also easy to maintain.
Volume Lash Extensions – Volume lash extensions give you the most dramatic look, with more lashes applied per eye. This type of extension is perfect for those who want a dramatic, full look.
Individual Lash Extensions – Individual lash extensions are applied one by one to create a natural look. This type of extension is great for people who want a subtle yet noticeable look.
Each type of lash extension has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to do your research before deciding on the best option for you. Make sure to consult with an experienced technician before getting any lash extensions done to make sure you get the perfect look for you!
What are the pros and cons of lash extensions?
– Lash extensions can make your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more beautiful.
– They can give you a fuller, more dramatic look with just a few extensions.
– Lash extensions can last anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks depending on how well you take care of them.
– Lash extensions are relatively low maintenance and easy to apply.
– There is no need for mascara with lash extensions as they already provide volume and length.
– Lash extensions can be expensive, especially if you need to have them refilled often.
– Lash extensions can cause irritation or an allergic reaction, depending on the type of adhesive used.
– Generally they should be applied by a qualified technician, and the process can take a while.
– If not properly cared for, lash extensions can become brittle and start to fall off sooner than expected.
– Lash extensions can cause damage to natural lashes if not applied correctly.
How do I take care of my lash extensions?
Taking care of your lash extensions is essential to maintain their health and longevity. Lash extensions require special maintenance to ensure that they look their best. Here are some tips for taking care of your lash extensions:
• Brush your lashes daily. A spoolie brush or a specialized lash wand can help you keep your lashes clean and tidy.
• Avoid oil-based products. Oil-based makeup removers, cleansers, and moisturizers can weaken the bond between the extension and your natural lash, leading to premature shedding.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes can cause premature shedding of your lashes.
• Be gentle when washing your face. Make sure to use only warm water and a mild, oil-free cleanser when washing your face. Be careful not to tug or pull on your lashes while washing.
• Use waterproof mascara. Using waterproof mascara on your lash extensions will help prevent them from clumping and looking disheveled.
• Schedule regular touch-ups. It is important to schedule regular touch-ups for your lash extensions in order to maintain fullness and prevent premature shedding. Your lash artist will be able to advise you on how often you should come in for touch-ups.
By following these tips, you will be able to keep your lash extensions looking fabulous!
Are there any risks associated with lash extensions?
When it comes to eyelash extensions, the risks are typically quite minimal. However, there are a few things you should be aware of before getting them applied.
First, some people may experience an allergic reaction to the adhesive used to apply the extensions. If you have any known allergies or sensitivities, be sure to let your technician know before starting the process. Additionally, improper application of lash extensions can cause damage to your natural lashes or even lead to eye infections. This is why it’s so important to only have your extensions applied by a qualified and experienced technician.
Finally, if you have any existing eye conditions such as blepharitis or dry eyes, it is recommended that you wait until these conditions are resolved before getting lash extensions applied. As with any beauty treatment, be sure to do your research and find an experienced technician who is knowledgeable about the risks associated with eyelash extensions.
How often should I get them done?
The frequency of how often you should get eyelash extensions varies depending on your individual lifestyle, desired look, and the type of extensions you are getting. Generally speaking, the longer-lasting lash extensions like mink and synthetic require touch-ups every two to four weeks. This is because these lash extensions tend to last a bit longer and can hold up better against everyday wear and tear. On the other hand, if you’re opting for classic or volume lashes, they may need to be touched up more often—typically every three to four weeks.
When it comes to maintenance, it’s important to remember that the more often you come in for a touch-up, the longer your extensions will last. This is because the newly applied lashes will fill in any gaps caused by natural shedding and keep your overall lash look full and voluminous. It’s also important to keep in mind that if you don’t keep up with regular touch-ups, your eyelash extensions may start to look sparse and clumpy.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your lash extensions, we recommend scheduling your touch-ups every two to four weeks depending on the type of extensions you have. Doing so will ensure that your lashes remain full and voluminous, giving you the best bang for your buck!